Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dusting... rusting....










I dusted off rusty skills when I set a table for Thanksgiving dinner. Conservatively, it has been approaching ten years since I had guests, and decorated a table!! Upwards to one hundred JAARS family and friends enjoyed a potluck meal (with turkey & dressing), and fellowship. Initially, I signed up to "set up" or "clean up" and thought I'd find an empty seat at someones table. To my delight, friends from the RV Park said they would join me. Wow!! ~~ I didn't go to a lot of expense; I used my mismatched Corelle dinner plates (acquired over the years from Thrift Shops). Lord knows how long I've had an unopened package of paper napkins, and the plastic cups!! I searched my apartment for "Fall" decorations. Other than Trader Joe's awesome fresh cranberry sauce, and croissant rolls, my only expense was a delicious-smelling pumpkin-spice candle. ~~ It was such an enjoyable experience!! Praise the Lord!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript, Sat. Nov. 26th, 2011, 1:30 PM: I've been trying (for two days) to upload the pictures from Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes it takes over six hours to upload one picture--and then it isn't a usable image (example to our left)!! I've tried everything (everything!!) imaginable and have isolated the problem to my Internet provider (Windstream). I pay about $70. per month for phone and Internet. I rarely make or receive a phone call so all that money for limited benefits!! FYI: It isn't overloaded daytime traffic via Windstream; the same horrible extended period of time when I try to upload at midnight!! (I know it is Windstream because I went to Panera [with free WiFi] and could upload a picture in about three minutes.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, Sunday, Nov. 27th, 2011, 12 noon: It took four hours to upload the four Thanksgiving pictures. Two hours for the first pic.... ~~ I had a great Thanksgiving!! I hope you had an enjoyable day, too!! ~~ (FYI: No, I did not shop on "Black Friday.")


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!