Monday, November 28, 2011

Productive holiday weekend !!

A productive holiday weekend--but also very frustrating!! I've spent hours attempting to upload images!! I start the upload process and go back to my other project of the hour. Sometimes several hours just to upload one picture; sometimes (after all that time) it isn't a usable image (examples below). I also mentioned this problem in my Thanksgiving Day blog.

On Friday, I assembled a four-shelf free-standing storage (from Sam's Club). I placed the shelves in such a way that I could have two bins on the floor under the bottom shelf. Then I arranged shelf two and three so I could position drawers between them. Now I have a place for my Vita Mix, and Osterizer, and lots of other "storage."
(FYI: I already had the plastic containers [bins] and drawers. Not an additional expense.)

Remember my recent lament: "Yipes, where do I put them now that they are out of the box?? More clutter!!" On Saturday, I assembled a three-shelf free-standing stand (from my overabundance of stuff, advertised "for sale" but never sold). I purchased it while living in Shelby and disassembled it before it went into the PODS storage. Before the day was out, I had unpacked my cook books and put them on the shelves. Not that I intend to keep, and use, all those beans, blender, food processor, pressure cooker, salad, vegan, and vegetarian cook books but I need a place to put them while I advertise them for sale (or for give away). So-o-o, over the last several days I have emptied five boxes!! (FYI: My kitchen is quite small, and storage is limited, so I desperately needed the extra storage units.) ~~ I'm now quite pleased with the appearance of the kitchen and would no longer be embarrassed if a guest stepped into my apartment.

Second picture shows the table (originally from the T@B teardrop trailer) in front of the newly assembled storage shelves. I'll need to move the table to get to the items on the shelves BUT this is preferable to things in cardboard boxes!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yucky pictures (below). Time to phone Windstream and complain?!?!












~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



My extremely old cookbooks (including Grandmother Showalter's) are still in the box above the kitchen cupboards. I'm not ready to make decisions about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!