Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nightmare on Friendship Circle !!

Quite honestly, I want to return to that simple lifestyle in the tiny T@B trailer. I needed so few things: A couple of small utensils to heat a can of soup (I mainly enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables); a small wardrobe of "wash & wear" garments; one or two excellent books (ie: the Bible); my laptop computer (with a good WiFi connection), etc., etc. I'm so frustrated by the amount of memorabilia I've moved from California to Ohio, to Shelby, NC, to a PODS, and finally to Waxhaw, NC. Look closely at the description on many of the boxes: David, Stephen, Thom, Pearl Marie, Justin, (names of sons and grandchildren). Will they ever see the things I have lovingly packed for them? Do they even care??

The first few pictures show the unpacked, inventoried, isolated collector's plates (ready for a potential buyer). But I have many more projects waiting my attention in the numerous other boxes. See the dozens of boxes along one wall?! Then I turned and took a picture of the boxes of health and nutrition books (ready for a potential buyer). To the right of the health books, a picture of the corner--and we are full circle back to the collector's plates.

Believe it or not, I've made progress during the four-and-one-half months I've lived in the apartment on Friendship Circle. I've sold some things, given some, and donated many bags, and boxes, of items to Thrift Shops. I've purged my jewelry box for gifts for women at the crisis pregnancy center. I've divested myself of small items that are appropriate for shoe box gifts for Operation Christmas Child. Is it any wonder that I often write that I wish my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, would call me home to Heaven??












Postscript, 2:30 PM, Sun. 11/06/11: It is a beautiful afternoon (64 degrees)!! I have the doors open. I ventured outside for a few brief moments to sweep the patio (leaves, sunflower seeds hulls, etc.). I've taken pictures of numerous things advertised for sale, uploaded them from the camera, and forwarded... to people who wrote expressing interest. I haven't begun the "house cleaning" process yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!