Monday, September 27, 2010

Greetings from Lexington, Kentucky

Traveling Panera to Panera!! I left Panera in Dayton at noon; I'm at Panera near Lexington at 3:45 PM. One hundred fifty-three miles Panera to Panera; 183 miles traveled today. Carmen (my Garmin) tells me there is a Wal-Mart less than one mile away. ~~ It stopped raining earlier but it is a dark, gloomy day!! It's comfortable sitting in Panera but I know it will be cold in my T@B when I retire to it later this afternoon or evening. (The last two nights I've had electricity and used my small ceramic heater during the night and when I dressed.)

I'm not far from the Galilean Children's Home in Liberty, KY. I intend to drive there tomorrow. Their mission statement: "Founded in 1986, Galilean Children's Home is a home for children that are either castaways or come from homes whose parents are unable to care for them, or a few are placed by loving families who needed assistance in caring for their severely disabled child. We provide food, shelter, clothing, medical care recovery and therapy care, Christian education and recreation for infants and children. Over 800 children, including more than 400 newborns, have been rescued from their fate by the compassionate and caring hearts of Sandy and Jerry Tucker, who founded the Home."


Galilean Children's Home
Annual Quilt Auction
Held Each October in Liberty, KY

This year's auction date: Friday, October 8, 2010, (one day only).

To date we are heading into our 21th annual Quilt Auction Benefit! We begin our yearly Quilt Auction with a pancake breakfast at the Children's Home, followed by our 10:00 AM auction featuring handmade Amish/Mennonite Quilts, crafts and furniture from all over the US, homemade fudge, concessions, unique gift items and more. Tours of the Home will be given throughout the day. For more information, call 606-787-5120.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!