Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lorraine has visitors !!

AOL has a voice that tells the subscriber "You've got mail." Lorraine has a voice (blog) that tells the reader: "I have visitors!!" While eating lunch, I had a couple peek in the window--and quickly apologize. I opened the door and assured them it was "OK." We talked for quite a while and they departed as another couple arrived. People drove by and rolled down their windows to say "That's so cute." At 12:55 (and all alone) I was an icicle!! First I was in the doorway but moved outside to explain the "jockey wheel" and track for the awning and/or add-a-room. ~~ Chilled to the bone, I knew that Barnes & Noble is my "port in the storm." This is where I'm supposed to be.

I moved to the Cafe area of Barnes & Noble, found an electric outlet, and turned on the computer. I saw my "second couple visitors" and we continued the conversation. I was able to demonstrate (on the computer) some of the information I shared with them earlier. We went to the T@B Forum..., we checked the Marketplace..., we had great fellowship. They left at 2 o'clock and I started this message.

Earlier in the day, my "second couple visitors" had been walking in the Park. Many large trees blew down in last night's windstorm. They said wind had been in excess of 75 miles per hour. No wonder my little T@B was shaking last night. (I tried to find more details--on-line--but only found one story.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Footnote: It's 6:45 PM and I'm still glued to my chair in Barnes & Noble. I'm hungry and plan to go to the trailer and fix a bowl of soup. I was able to publish more details for Greetings from St. Ignace, Michigan, and publish Little Old Lady Lost.

7:15 PM, and it was a windy, 62 degrees, when I went to the T@B to prepare a can of soup. (It's difficult for me to spend $3. [or more] for a cup of soup in an Internet Cafe. Call me "cheap"!!)

1 comment:

  1. LOL, Lorraine, you have had worse weather there than we did here in NH, and we were hunkered down to get the outer bands of hurricane Earl!
    D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!