Thursday, September 2, 2010

Greetings from St. Ignace, Michigan

I stayed at Straits State Park last night. A hefty $36.!! I had BIG plans while I was in this area but have decided to forgo visiting Mackinac Island and continue toward Goshen, Indiana. (A BIG storm is brewing, I'm told.) I'll fill in details when I have WiFi again. I learned (at the campground) that the Big Boy Restaurant has WiFi so (on my way out of town) I stopped for the soup and salad lunch. And use the WiFi!! Wanted to "touch base."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Above is the message previously published. In Barnes & Noble, Holland, Michigan, Saturday, Sept. 4th, I uploaded the pictures. First: The bridge from Canada to the U.S.; second: Border station; third: Straits State Park.

~~~~~~~~~~~
From my notes: "I only drove fifty-one miles today. I intentionally took my time at the Straits State Park because I didn't have to be out until 1 o'clock. (Honestly, I wanted to get "my money's worth" [ha!].) I took a shower but the numerous other campers had depleted the hot water!! Then I took what I anticipated would be a short walk. Read about the experience in Little Old Lady Lost.

"There's always several things to do when 'breaking camp' so that took time and energy. Then long conversations with other RVers at the area to dump black water tanks--and porta-potties. Finally my potty was empty and the fresh water tank was full.

"It had been my desire to make the ferry trip to Mackinac Island. By the time I drove out of the State Park--at 12:47--I was too tired to think about walking around the Island. I opted, instead to go to Big Boy for all-you-can-eat-Soup-and-Salad-Bar. The campgrounds map had an advertisement for Big Boy and said 'free WiFi.' I didn't spend hours..., I saved several time slots and checked for messages."














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!