Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hired by Amazon.com

I hear your question: "Why are you in Campbellsville, Kentucky?" Answer: I'm a subscriber to Workamper News and several weeks ago there was an advertisement for RVers to work at Amazon, in their two locations (for the holidays). I didn't "follow through." A recruiter was at the Escapade seeking RVers and I attended the seminar. The prospect of six weeks of excellent salary, completion bonus, and free RV parking, tweaked my curiosity. However (armed with all the necessary information), I didn't phone until yesterday afternoon. (Yesterday afternoon, after I left the Galilean Home.) I left my name and number on voice mail. The call was returned while I was driving--and I don't talk on my cell phone while driving!! Yes, Amazon is still hiring for November 8th through December 23rd.

Let's be extremely honest, my T@B is tiny!! No bathroom, no shower!! I wanted to visit Campbellsville and see what the campgrounds looked like. There are several... but my first stop was at Heartland Campground predominately across the highway from the huge Amazon warehouse. At the moment, there are many vacant spaces but everything is reserved starting the end of October. I'm able to stay here for $16.60 per night. In addition to nice restrooms and showers, they have WiFi. What more could I ask for?? I'll be on a waiting list for the first cancellation. ~~ I had a telephone interview this afternoon and I've been hired. In fact, due to my availability, I might start on October 31st.

I see the days ahead as an opportunity to catch up on my blog. I'm not tired of my travels but I'm tired of driving!! The last two days were
"the straw that broke the camels back." Imagine: Driving 205 miles when the distance was only 26 miles. FYI: Seven thousand three hundred fifty-five miles since I left my apartment on Monday, April 5th, 2010. How many states have I visited?? Right now I'm too tired to count!!

It has been a beautiful, sunny day. It is 78 degrees inside the T@B as I publish this blog at 6:45 PM. I've had the windows and door open. I'm told the winters are mild.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!