Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'd rather have Jesus...

February 1st will be birthday number 102 for George Beverly Shea, composer of the music for this beautiful song.

I’d Rather Have Jesus – The Lyrics

I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands,
I’d rather be led by His nail pierced hand.

Than to be a king of a vast domain
Or be held in sin’s dread sway,
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than world-wide fame,
I’d rather be true to His holy name.

He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out of the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs,
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead.
~~~~~~~~~
Lifetime Achievement Award for George Beverly Shea.
~~~~~~~~~

Changing the subject; back to Friday's auction: Two of my purchases were books. I don't spend as much time reading as I ought. Today I want to start Free at Last, Experiencing True Freedom Through Your Identity in Christ by Tony Evans. Information on the back of the dust jacket: "The secret is not in spiritual tricks or religious acts--but in a deeper knowledge of Christ Himself. Christ's resurrection power is available to meet your need and draw you closer to Him, asserts Dr. Tony Evans. If your heart longs to know Him and serve Him, you can experience a deeper relationship with Him.

"Satan loves to coil himself around the minds of Christians, keeping us spiritually off balance and defeated by confusing our identity. But Satan has no authority over us. Christ can live His life through us. We are saved by Christ's life and death. He has lavished His grace on us, and through Him we are victors.

"Are you tired of your attempts at self-sufficiency? Are you tired of being in bondage to your sin? Learn how Christ has set us free at last.

"Galatians 5:1: 'It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.'"
~~~~~~~~~

Personally, I want to Stand Up for Jesus.
~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!