Monday, January 17, 2011

Torrential rain

Torrential rain in Central Florida right now (10:30 AM). Because it is the Martin Luther King holiday, we are not working. I am in my tiny T@B and the rain is so loud I can't hear Family Radio from my laptop while writing this blog. Amazing!! The weather forecasters have said we desperately need rain because of drought conditions in Central Florida. As dry as the ground is, water is standing over one inch deep around my trailer (no exaggeration)!! If I decide to leave the T@B--and the water has not soaked into the ground--I'll get out rubber boots. My handy-dandy weather station says it is 60 degrees outside ("but feels like 54 degrees") headed for a high of 73 degrees.

This has been a good morning to balance the checkbook against on-line banking. Soon I want to wrap up in a little blanket and continue reading In Step With God (by Dr. Charles Stanley). Not that I "need" a blanket; I think I'll just feel more cozy with it.

Today looks a lot different than Saturday when I took a picture of my site (48 hours ago). See the wind-chimes and other decorations?? My name sign (from Wal-Mart) isn't fancy but lets the other residents know who I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 12:20 PM: Noon weather report says we have had one-and-one-half inches of rain "and more to come." We're under a tornado watch until 7:00 PM. I'll turn off the computer to protect it against a (not-so-likely) lightening strike nearby.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 5:05 PM: Two-and-three-tenths (2.3) inches of rain today at the Orlando International Airport (less than ten miles from where I live). Seventeen or eighteen vehicle accidents today due to adverse weather conditions.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of rain. Hearing rain on our roof usually reminds me it's a good time to take a nap...it may start out as reading, but the sound of rain on a roof always lulls me. It's funny, in our Winnebago, there is an absolute difference in the sound of rain on the roof of the rear bedroom, as opposed to the rest of the 34' coach. Maybe because of duct work? No idea. But I bet it's awfully cozy in your T@b. We keep cheap dollar store copies of Crocs (rubber clog type shoes you just slip on) in the RV for just such weather.

    Do you notice planes going overhead much, being close to an international airport? Or, did you at first? D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!