Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh, give me a home...

There is a very supportive forum regarding T@B teardrop trailers. All the information I need to maintain my little trailer plus periodic rallies to attend. A recent writer was "Yearning for camping weather." Here is the message she posted:

"To the tune of home on the range.

Oh give me a home,
where the snow does not roam,
and I can go camping all day.
Where seldom is heard,
the snow storm word,
and the skies are not cloudy all day.
Home, home in the camp
where the squirrels and the chipmunks do scamp,
where seldom is heard, a white snowy word,
and the skies are so sunny all day.

Yearning to go camping, ready to go cycling too..guess I'll have to do a song about that next."

~~~~~~~~~

My reply:
Come to sunny Central Florida!! The words of the song are true here. I'm actually living "full time" in my T@B. We've had some freezing weather but a little electric heater keeps me warm. On my campsite, I have an armadillo. I haven't seen any squirrels or chipmunks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine:

    Checking in with you. Glad to see you're in a warm climate. We are expecting another snow storm here in New Jersey. We can't wait until spring to hookup our camper and hit the road. We leave in 2 weeks for Africa to visit our daughter in the Peace Corps. We're getting ready to do some real extreme camping.

    Hope all is well. May the Lord bless you and your travels.

    Mike & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. No chipmunks, or woodchucks, here in FL. I've never seen, smelled, or even seen skunks as roadkill here, either, although I've read that the state does have them. FL seems to inherit some creatures that weren't native, when visitors decide it's a great place to drop them off. They have a terrible problem with certain snakes in the Everglades because of that. I won't even start on reptiles, other than that. Maybe a fox...or a bobcat. Fox can live in populated areas; we have a family that lives in the cemetery where Mom is, in the middle of one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the country. Central Florida has bear, and deer, which you would be likely to see in the Ocala National Forest, say, rather than where you are. Lots of birds...owls and things you're familiar with. Heron, anhingas, cormorants, and all the other water birds...flabingoes, as my son used to say when he was little. But no chipmunks. South Florida has lizards as big as chipmunks, though, lol...D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!