Friday, January 21, 2011

National Hug Day

DID YOU KNOW?
National Hug Day or National Hugging Day is an annual holiday occurring on January 21, officially recognized by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The holiday was founded on January 21, 1986 in Caro, Michigan, and has since spread to Canada, England, Australia, Germany, Poland and other countries.

~~~~~~~~~

Leo Buscaglia was a well-known educator and I was very familiar with him--and his teachings--when I lived in Southern California. One of his favorite talking points: Hugs for Health. He stated that we need a minimum of fifteen hugs a day "for maintenance." Ideally, we need more than fifteen a day!! I've said--frequently--that I don't get fifteen hugs a year!! (What does that say about my state of health?) If you--like me--are hug deficient, please consider yourself hugged. Pass it around!!

~~~~~~~~~

Postscript: I received an adorable "hug" by e-mail. Thank you!! Check this.

~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!