Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Life is But a Weaving

My Life is but a Weaving

My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors,
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow,
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.


Not 'til the loom is silent
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
in the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned.
He knows, He loves, He cares,
nothing this truth can dim.
He gives His very best to those
who leave the choice with Him.

~Author Unknown

~~~~~~~~~
Postscript 1/25/11, 2:45 PM: Accidents can happen so quickly!! I published the poem at 7. At a little after 12 noon I took a really bad fall as I walked from my office to the cafe. ***It is only by God's grace that I do not have any broken bones!!*** I have skinned knees; the pants I was wearing will go in the rag-bag. I'll probably be stiff and sore for a few days!! I returned home (at noon) and changed my clothes. Back to the office at 1:00 because we were in a "training program" (that I didn't want to miss or interfere with). I'm "home" and I've doctored the knees; I'm drinking some soothing herbal tea and will take a nap. Just keep me in your prayers. Oh, one more request: Keep my little trailer safe. We may have tornadoes in Florida tonight. Strong winds are already buffeting the T@B. I hope and pray that we don't sail away like a kite!! THANKS!!
~~~~~~~~~
Praise report, 1/26/11, 8:15 AM: No damage that I'm aware of in our RV Park. We had very strong winds and heavy rain; I "rode it out" in my trailer!! ~~ I'm getting ready to go to work. Yes, I'm stiff and sore but I'm OK!! I am so grateful that I don't have any broken bones!! Praise the Lord!!
~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 1/28/2011, 9:30 AM: I lied; I'm not OK. No broken bones but my old body is bruised, stiff and sore. TGIF: I was able to sleep-in because most volunteers don't work on Friday. (I worked the previous two days.) ~~ Psalm 34:1-3, 7-9, 14-22.
~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 1/30/2011, 12 noon: I'm still stiff and sore (and use a cane to steady myself)!! But I've done all the tasks that need to be done on the weekend: Dump porta-potty, fill water tank, do laundry. Note the three inch tear in the pants I was wearing. I won't subject you to a picture of my knees.
~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!