Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not a "Happy Camper" !!

Bad news!! I was just told I'll have to move to a "dry camping" site. Electricity and water nearby. (I have an extra electric cord.  I may have to buy another [longer] water hose.) No cement slab, no access to the sewer.  (I'll have to carry the porta-potty quite a distance to the dump station.  How embarrassing!!)  I'm told "they tried" to allow me to stay on the same site but "tenure talks." I'm the new-kid-on-the-block. Most of the RVers have been coming for many years. Picture on my current site. See water, electricity, and sewer is so convenient.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, no....do they intend to lower their expected contribution, as well? D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if $10 per day and 36 to 40 hours per week was excessive. On the other hand, it may be a bargain to stay in a warm location for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it probably is...but I'd still tell them if you pay what everyone else does, they should park you right behind the shower house or next to the wifi tower. The rate itself certainly is cheap enough, but you do have to factor in the work. On the other hand, it is meaningful work, in a great environment, that you enjoy. There's a lot to be said for that.

    And who knows...they may reverse the decision again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine, where did you get the smile face looking out from your window? Is it affixed to the inside of the shade or just hung over the window? I love it.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, the Smiley Face is a round rug!! It is 18 inches across--and just the right size to "look" out the window. I bought it at a Target store in Warwick, Rhode Island, on July 24th,2010. (Check the blog for that day for interesting details.) The rug is clipped to a pants hanger and hangs from the wood valance across the two windows. I'm glad you like it. I do too!! Big Smiley Face on the back of the T@B; Smiley Face in the port-hole window; stuffed toy Smiley sitting on the dinette cushion looking out the window next to the door. People who stop to visit with me love the variety of Smileys!!

    Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!