Monday, February 21, 2011

At my desk at Wycliffe Associates

I'm back at my desk at Wycliffe Associates. I would have liked to accompany the caravan. It was so comfortable to fellowship with men and women who believe (as I do) that Judgment Day--and the Rapture--is May 21st, 2011. But I don't want to force open a door (so to speak) that never opened to me. I contacted Family Radio in September expressing my desire to travel with the caravans. They wanted continuity of the message, and distinct appearance. Had I wanted to travel as a team member was a possibility. However (rightly or wrongly) I didn't want to abandon my T@B and KIA in Oakland, California (or elsewhere). I believe that God, my Heavenly Father, opened the door for me to volunteer at Wycliffe Associates!! However, I often feel like I am a stranger in a foreign land.

Remember, I am in a transient community: Volunteers are coming and going regularly. They ask "How long are you staying??" I answer "Until the Rapture." There is always a variety of remarks like "You must expect to live a l-o-n-g time." I tell them "The Holy Bible has revealed to Bible scholars that May 21st, 2011, is the Day of Judgement, and the Rapture." Several times a week, dear, precious, wonderful, good, kind, considerate, thoughtful, loving people do everything from giggle to a belly-laugh. They don't share my conviction.

I think my Heavenly Father has a sense of humor so He might say: "I never promised you a rose garden." Not one of the many hymns I often share or a well-written poem; a secular song. So (as long as I am welcome) I will follow the schedule of events in this Wycliffe idyllic setting--and contribute God-given clerical skills.

~~~~~~~
FYI: I did not use volunteer time to write and publish this blog; it was prepared on Sunday evening, in my tiny T@B!!

2 comments:

  1. Lorraine:

    We think it is great how you are sharing with others. We to are enjoying our volunteer time at John Pennekamp.

    This is quite the mission field.

    Until He comes.

    Love and Blessings

    Wayne and Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine,
    People believe as they wish so don't take it personally when someone does not believe as you do or judge them. You promised your time to Wycliff Associates and must follow through on that obligation. You can't commit yourself to something and then resent that commitment or resent that people around you are not what you would like them to be, i.e., people sharing your beliefs. I sense defensiveness that has built up since you've been a volunteer at Wycliffe.

    I have followed your blog for well over a year and enjoy your writings. I don't believe what you believe, but I respect that you are steadfast in your beliefs. Make sure you don't burn bridges with them though.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!