Thursday, October 15, 2009

Four Paws Kingdom Campground

The brochure says "Four Paws Kingdom Campground: The first and only dog dedicated campground in the U.S.!" I don't own a dog so I can't really appreciate all the benefits afforded four-footed-friends. However, I find this location very rustic and charming. Much to see yet because I haven't left my site thus far. "Meet and greet" is at 7:30 but I've already met a lot of the other T@BBers. Everyone quickly gathered near my T@B to see my unit. Mercedes and I were the center of attention for a couple of hours.

At 4:30 the group scattered. I closed the door, turned on the little ceramic heater, and took off my coat. I fixed a light snack because a long time since breakfast!!

The weather forecast was rain for today. It was overcast and cold when I transferred things from the apartment to the trailer. Then I hitched the KIA to the T@B and went back to the apartment to change from "work" clothes to something more presentable. It could not have been ten minutes later when I emerged ready to depart. It was raining hard!! Boy did I feel blessed!!

The Post Office was one of my first stops to send a very special letter needing verification of receipt by the recipient. The Motor Vehicle Department was another "must" on my "To Do" list. Now I am the registered owner of my T@B and a new title will arrive in the mail in a few weeks. En route out of Shelby, I stopped at the Ingles market to buy food for the potluck Friday night.

Within the last ten miles of Four Paws Kingdom Campground, I spotted a Family Dollar store (near an Ingles) and stopped to buy a spiral notebook. (I left home without any scratch paper, or notebook, and I'm BIG on writing down the details.) As I was ready to leave the shopping center, another T@B owner pulled in for gas. I drove near them, and got out to extend greetings. They have been to this campground before so I followed them.... After check-in, and pulling on to the site, we (Mercedes and I) had a host of visitors. They made me feel so welcome!!

Autumn colors in the trees outside my nice big windows. Sixty-five degrees outside at 6:05 PM. I see that some of the T@B have decorative lights strung around the awning or EZ-Up tent. I'll get a better look later when I walk to the "fireplace" for a social time. ~~ By the way, free WiFi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!