Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wonderful First Campout

Home again after a wonderful weekend at Four Paws Kingdom Campground. It seemed so appropriate to attend a German Octoberfest with my German-built T@B. Having owned "Mercedes" a mere two weeks, the weekend provided the time to get acquainted with some of the features.

Thursday night was difficult: The sound of the refrigerator kept me awake!! Furthermore, I only unrolled the light-weight sleeping bag so I was cold!! I had a small ceramic heater set on "low" but it, too, was making a noise.

On Friday morning it was delightful to get up (in my pajamas) and put on the tea kettle for tea. First, however, I had to learn how to get the burner to stay on. I could hear the propane emitting from the burner but it would not stay lit. I persisted and learned the secret.

Friday and Saturday nights, I slept very well--and actually spent twelve hours in bed each night. For one thing, I had a sleeping bag inside a sleeping bag so I was toasty warm. For another, I was accustomed to the sound of the refrigerator and heater.

The other T@BBers made me feel so welcome!! Naturally there was a curiosity about my German-built T@B and everyone wanted to see her and make comparisons. I learned so much valuable information. Yes, I have RV'd for years but the T@B has features I have never encountered (all that stuff on the tongue).

FYI: The differences between U.S. and German are slight and it takes a seasoned T@B owner to spot them. The tail lights, and clearance lights, are different. The propane tank is smaller; the battery is smaller. The inside "pop up" roof vent is very small and no screen. I have no furnace, and no city water. Only one light under the shelf, over the sink. (I'll add a portable lamp and use an extension cord to an outlet.) My T@B has shocks.

It was so heartwarming (to this old lady) to receive such a warm welcome at the Rally!! I'm looking forward to future outings!! Incidently, only 87.4 miles round trip. ~~~~~~ Visit Sharon's blog for a very good description of the Saturday night "OcT@Berfest." I "borrowed" the picture from Sharon. Rarely will you find a picture of me on my blogs.

~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!