Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mercedes

I have no way of verifying the information but I was told that my T@B was one of two shipped from Germany for the prototype. The other unit was completely disassembled. This T@B was garaged (warehoused) and obviously has not been used (or scarcely used). It still has the "new RV" smell. Because of the quality craftsmanship, I compared this T@B to fine German automobiles wearing the Mercedes insignia. It seemed natural to call her "Mercedes." With the "orange krush" trim, it appears feminine (to me).

Rick Sullivan (Sullivan RV) says the cabinets are a different wood than he has seen in other T@Bs. He has never observed a folding shield around the two-burner stove. This sink, and stove, appear different from other models he has seen. ~~ I'm told that "Mercedes" has shocks (but how would I know? I'm a gal!).

Looking at pictures on the Web: I don't have the "L" shape galley. There is a small clothes closet to the left of the short kitchen counter with sink and stove. This unit does not have the Cool Cat heat pump. I was given a window air conditioner and the framework to mount the A/C in a window. The A/C has never been out of the box, and, furthermore, I'll never use it!!

I'm thrilled with my new acquisition!!!!!!!!!! Here's one asset: I can stand up in my T@B. Not so with my Little Guy. Occasionally, at night, I get a cramp in my leg and have to stand up and put weight on my foot. It can be excruciatingly painful!! Trying to maneuver myself around, and out the door (of Little Guy), was a major medical emergency!!

Another benefit: Much easier to use the potty!! Trying to use the portable toilet (in the middle of the night) required gymnastic skills.

Also: A refrigerator!! It has been a frustrating expense to purchase ice every day for the cooler.

Get the idea?? I love Mercedes!!

~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically click Shipshewana to Dayton.
~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine, Love your story about how your got your T@B! Are you going to the rally in Rutherfordton this weekend? We're from Pittsboro and have a clam shell model. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Susan and Bob

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!