Thursday, October 8, 2009

Berea, Kentucky

After a long and eventful day (Sunday, Oct. 4th), I stopped for the night (8 o'clock) at the Cracker Barrel in Berea, Kentucky. A big Wal-Mart SuperCenter nearby but I'm experimenting with staying in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel. ~~ Up at 6:20 AM (in Dayton, Ohio, Wal-Mart), over three hours at Panera, and almost five hours at the Creation Museum. A total of 201 miles on Interstate 75.

It was 9:03 PM when I crawled into my sleeping bag for the second night in the T@B. It was 64 degrees. A big noisy delivery truck awakened me at 6:23 AM; 54 degrees. I quickly dressed and entered Cracker Barrel and used the Ladies Room. After breakfast, it was 7:45 when I returned to the parking lot, and 51 degrees inside Mercedes.

It was foggy; I lingered for over half an hour hoping to get the picture I wanted. The sun never reached the sign (while I was there). It is an enormous billboard that says: The Art of Mitchell Tolle <- 1/4 mile. Several years ago I spent hours in his gallery. I love his paintings!! I've heard Mitchell Tolle speak and he is a Christian with inspirational and motivational messages. Click here to visit his web site. ~~ Back on I-75 at 8:25 AM.
















~~~~~~~~~~
To follow my trip chronologically click Renfro Valley & Corbin, Kentucky.
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!