Saturday, November 27, 2010

Confession

For all my many blessings I am deeply grateful!!!! Confession: However, occasionally, I lapse into depression (B-R-I-E-F-L-Y !!) . Thanksgiving dinner was delicious--and I was invited to sit at three different tables!! This morning ten of us went to breakfast at Denny's prior to decorating throughout the Wycliffe Associates building. The Christmas decorations are gorgeous!!

I came home to my God-given T@B and checked e-mail messages--and cell phone messages. Nothing from my sons!! So I briefly had a "pity party." I reached for my Bible and randomly opened it. My eyes immediately read Jesus words: "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." (John 14:1-4) ~~ "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine [my] iniquities, who healeth all thy [my] diseases; Who redeemeth thy [my] life from destruction; who crowneth thee [me] with loving-kindness and tender mercies. Who satisfieth thy [my] mouth with good things; so that thy [my] youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalm 103:1-5)

6 comments:

  1. Just some thoughts from others; you aren't alone.

    http://www.circleofmoms.com/welcome-to-circle-of-moms/Adult-children-who-live-elsewhere-and-never-call-430036

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're not alone in the "my son never calls" department:

    http://www.circleofmoms.com/welcome-to-circle-of-moms/Adult-children-who-live-elsewhere-and-never-call-430036#_

    http://community.bhg.com/t5/Family-Issues/elderly-mother-misses-talking-to-her-sons/m-p/223393/highlight/true

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sincere THANKS for the links. I went out to the web sites and read the comments. How sad that there are so many Moms, and Grandmothers, eagerly waiting for communication with their children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine, I was just reading again, and on my screen, the picture of you at Stone Mt. in GA, from 11/17/09 (and a Biltmore photo) is right where you look, to the right of this box to type comments. So, I can't help but see it. I was recently reminded you don't have much room for things, but can't help but wonder...do you put up any holiday decorations?

    And not to keep changing the subject, but I also keep forgetting to ask you about the Smiley Face on the back. Your Tab was made in germany as a prototype, so I was wondering if it had/has the Tab decal on the back like the ones show on the US site? I've also been meaning to ask you if Tabs were ever produced elsewhere, or just for the US market. Forgive me if I'm repeating things you probably already covered in beginning blogs. But I keep forgetting to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thing....not long ago your tiny home was filled with lady bugs...been wondering if you've met any of the "wildlife" unique to Florida. What do you think of our critters here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only "wildlife" I've seen in Florida is little lizards. ~~ I have a large Nativity ornament hanging inside my T@B. I may hang Teardrop trailer patio lights outside next month. ~~ The previous owner applied the Smiley face; I don't know if it had the large T@B logo while Dutchmen owned it. A company--in Germany--named Tabbert--built T@B trailers for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!