Friday, November 12, 2010

Ungrateful guest ??

Would you consider me an ungrateful guest? I spent the night in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel but did not eat in their restaurant. Big meals are not "my thing." Nor the high price plus a tip!! I can eat for less than $5. at Panera (or Subway) and not be obliged to leave a tip. (You've heard me say it before: I'm a cheap-skate.)

My friend, Debbie, was concerned about my safety but I felt secure. I was surrounded by big-name hotels: Wingate, Mariott, Red Roof, Fairfield, LaQuinta, Microtel, and Extended Stay America. I had the parking lot all to myself; no other RVers. ~~ Last night, when I checked the Garmin GPS, the Wal-Marts were eight to fifteen miles away. They appeared to be "in the wrong direction" so I decided on Cracker Barrel (less than five miles from Panera). ~~ Yes, I'm back in Panera. ~~ Later this morning I will drive to Orlando, Florida, and find my temporary home with Wycliffe Associates.

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!