Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Greetings from Columbia, South Carolina

(3:30 PM) Yet another Panera!! By now, you know that I'm always looking for free WiFi. Furthermore, I love Panera!!!! Whole grain bagel with veggie cream cheese for mid-morning breakfast. Baked potato soup with whole grain baguette for late lunch. I don't know where I'll spend the night. Whenever..., and wherever..., I have a lot of things to gather up and put away. When I got the laptop computer out of the T@B, "stuff" was all over the floor. What a mess!!!! So, no matter how hard I try to strap things down and arrange--and rearrange--things bounce around!!

I had such a nice visit with friends, Linda & Doug, in Marion, North Carolina. Then, wonderful fellowship with friends, Deborah & Wayne, near Polkville, North Carolina. Nice to "catch up" with acquaintances, Maria & Dennis. Deborah spoiled me with all her good cooking!! Her motorhome kitchen is small but her hostess talent is still huge. Wayne expressed interest in my Yamaha inverter/generator and convinced me that I should get it out of the KIA and use it frequently. (I may not need it because I'll have a campsite when I start working [volunteering] for Wycliffe [next week?].)

It has been a busy week. I can hardly believe it was just exactly seven days ago (about 3:00 PM) that I left my friends, Bonnie & Ken, at the Newport, Tennessee, KOA. I saw snow flurries on the Blue Ridge Parkway; ice on my vehicles in Asheville, North Carolina; frost blanketed the ground at Grand View Campground. This morning was mild and pleasant!!

I'm excited about new experiences in the Orlando, Florida, area. I'll make new friends, and perhaps hone some rusty work skills. Best of all, I won't be alone for the holidays!! I usually hate the five weeks between Thanksgiving and New Years!! It's all geared for families; I get so depressed. This year will be wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!