Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-- Melody Beattie --

An acquaintance shared this quote with me. It really "spoke to me." I'd like to think that I've been a grateful person. Would you agree that I've demonstrated this year that what I have has been enough, and more? Over the years I've been denied (rejected) more times than I've found acceptance. Trusting in God, my Heavenly Father, chaos has turned to order and confusion to clarity. I'm very familiar with simple meals, but enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast this afternoon!! Incomprehensible to many people, my tiny T@B is "a home." Here at Wycliffe Associates, strangers have quickly become friends. Gratitude makes sense of my past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow!!
-- Lorraine Edwards -- See Psalms 100 --

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!