Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Greetings from Concord, North Carolina

(11:00 AM) Greetings from Panera adjacent to the Concord Mills Mall, Concord, North Carolina. I spent the night in the shadow of the Charlotte Motor Speedway. I listened to the deafening sounds of drag racing. I was at Tom Johnson Camping Center for some minor T@B repair (this morning)--and benefited from a free campsite.

Yesterday, I did several "business" transactions in my former hometown of Shelby. I needed to renew the T@B license plate "no questions asked." Traveling... I did not receive the renewal. I didn't want to continue paying for a "specialty" plate and asked for a regular one. Would you believe (??) only $19.00.

Shelby to Shelby, 4/12/2010 ->-> 11/09/2010 = 8,012 miles !!

In Gastonia, I had the KIA tires rotated at Discount Tire (where I purchased them in April). I visited the AAA office to have a face-to-face conversation about my AAA service. (I had a bad experience recently with a disagreeable person on the phone.)

While at AAA, I received a phone call from Wycliffe Associates. They want me in Orlando, Florida, this weekend. I had a phone interview a month or six weeks ago and have wondered if I would be accepted. Tentatively, I "might" have gone to their location near Dallas, Texas. But, if neither... then I considered going to the Escapee RV Park, and Headquarters, in Livingston, Texas. ~~ Even without a specific destination, I was planning to "head South" so I could avoid the frigid temperatures!!

This message is brief because it's time to "hit the road." I'll need to study the maps because Florida is one state that I have not visited. I'm not certain how far I have to travel but "Florida here I come!!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow you were busy and productive!!! I'm looking forward to planning my next T@B trip next month in St Augustine (which is right down the street...I have to work my way up to longer trips.)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!