Monday, June 6, 2011

"The Dock"

Quite by accident, I arrived at "the dock" as food was being unloaded from a large Wycliffe van. (Too bad I didn't have my camera to take a picture.) I now have a "picture" (in my mind) of how this works. Volunteers go to the various stores to pick up the bruised fruit and veggies, eggs, dairy, etc., and day-old bread. I'm guessing that the 35 cents each item helps to pay for the gasoline. I came home with a package of six Lemon/Poppy Seed muffins (from Sam's Club?). There were probably 100 loaves of bread, all varieties, but nothing whole-grain or multi-grain. There were beautifully decorated cakes, cupcakes, pies, and cookies. I didn't bring home a loaf of bread; maybe next time. The muffins are in the freezer. I donated one dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!