Saturday, June 18, 2011

A new chapter is being written !!

On Wednesday afternoon and evening I was searching Craigslist for an older Class A or Class C motorhome. (I need[ed] something I could drive off the RV Park site once every 90 days. A trailer wouldn't "do" because my KIA wouldn't be able to tow it.) I found two I wanted to see and planned to travel on Thursday morning. I shared details with several knowledgeable men owning Class A motorhomes. They voiced a long list of things to double-check before I made a commitment.

I had a restless night. "Am I doing the right thing, Lord?" (Considering the heat, I feel I need to have a place with air-conditioning.) By light of day, I was thinking "I'll drive over at mid-day. I'll join some new acquaintances for 'Hugs & Mugs' (coffee break at 10 o'clock)."

I met new folks that had already heard of me--and had seen "that cute little trailer." The manager of the Waxhaw Creek apartments came in for coffee and said "Stop by my office before you leave the area."

Long story short: Before noon I had signed the lease papers for an apartment on the JAARS campus!! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!

Back at the Activity Center in the RV Park, I phoned PODS to arrange delivery of my container. I was delighted that it could arrive as early as Saturday. Every RVer in the Park was relieved that I wasn't buying an old, old motorhome!!

Friday morning--at "work" at lobby reception--I arranged with a strong young man to recruit other strong young men to help unload.

Friday morning--at "work" at lobby reception--the apartment manager asks if I could have the PODS delivered Friday night for early unload on Saturday morning. "I'll inquire." I called PODS and (long story short) they would attempt but an extra $75.00 fee. "OK" (because I wanted to please the apartment manager). Before the conversation was over--with PODS--the $75.00 fee was waived and the $184.00 fee for delivery. No other fees due because I had scheduled pick-up of the PODS before my monthly billing date. Isn't that incredible?? I feel so blessed!!




























































































2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and many good wishes for your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine:

    Blessings to you in your new home. n I bet they all had been amamazed when they looked inn the Pod. And then to finally find the end of it., Did you tell them you loaded the whole thing. Enjoy this new chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!