Sunday, June 5, 2011

Potpourri and Catsup !!

A feeling of accomplishment!! I have clean clothes for the work week ahead. It is a delight to have free washers and dryers. For the first time in many years, I have an outdoor clothes line. In Orlando, I hung items on hangers that dangled from the limb of a tree near my T@B. It was a hot, humid, 91 degrees inside the trailer when I put things away (11 o'clock). I'll repeat what I've already said several times: "It is so nice to be able to retreat to the air-conditioned Activity Center."

I listened to worship services, and hymns of the faith, on Family Radio (over the Internet), on my laptop computer.

Speaking of trees in Orlando: My wind chimes and other decorations were in those trees. I have one tree in my yard (here at JAARS) but, due to the heat, I have not extricated the decorations from some place buried in the KIA. When the weather cools....

It's a relief to **NOT** have the Fire Ants. Mosquitoes, yes, but no ants. I have a cement pad, and cement sidewalks, so I don't have to walk through grass to-and-from my T@B. I retreat when the sun goes down so I've had very few mosquito bites. With the screens down, and the door closed, I escape the blood-thirsty pests.

The rent is less here at JAARS RV Park: $250. per month, plus tax. At Orlando, $10. per day. The noontime meals are a bit more expensive here but equally delicious. I usually have a salad from the well-supplied salad bar.

I can't share much information about the JAARS campus (because I'm so new) but can reveal that there is an area where we can pick up food. Panera Bread, Harris Teeter (market), Food Lion (market), and others, bring everything from bread (obviously) to fruit and veggies. We are expected to pay 35 cents per item. Imagine: A loaf of expensive, organic, whole grain bread for 35 cents!!

A refrigerator, and chest-type freezer, are available in the Activity Center. I can stash an extra loaf of bread; I can refrigerate a watermelon, etc. I don't know how many meals I'll be fixing "at home." Last week I enjoyed three meals with new acquaintances. Next week I already have three evening meal invitations!!

There is a Boutique on campus with a huge variety of clothing for all ages. I checked it briefly but did not see anything I wanted. (Probably didn't spend enough time browsing?) Instead, I bought things at TJ-Maxx, and Ross.

I've already learned that the auto mechanics (here at JAARS) will work on our cars as they have the time. I heard they only charge $30. per hour.

To satisfy your curiosity, I've tried to "catsup" on some of the details. Indubitably, more information to follow as I have more to report.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript: At 4:00 PM, 98 degrees inside the T@B, 99 degrees outside in the shade. I'm glued to the chair, and computer, in the Activity Center!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!