Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The lighter side of work

After several strenuous days, it was a delight to go to "work" at the Mexico Museum. A few visitors but mainly a quiet time--a time for prayer and praise. ~~ In the apartment, I sit down to rest but almost immediately jump up because I think of something that needs to be done. The only way to rest is to walk away from the apartment!!

Have you heard of "Letterboxing"? While working at the Museum today, a young lady came in and asked for a stamp pad. "I beg your pardon; what do you need?" (It was such a strange request, I wasn't sure I heard correctly.) "An ink pad. I need it for a scavenger hunt." ~~ This was only my second time working at the Museum so I'm quite a novice. However, I had observed an ink pad on the desk in the office and gave it to her. As she disappeared out the door, I wondered if I'd ever see her again.

Moments later I saw the figure of a person outside one of the opaque windows. Later, a man entered the museum with our stamp pad and explained how he--and his daughter--are traveling around--following a map--looking for hidden objects. As I understood it: There is a rubber stamp that identifies this destination (Mexico Museum) and the participant stamps his/her notebook. Father/daughter's ink pad was dry so no image. ~~ Isn't that interesting??

FYI: I've added pictures--and details--to several blogs that follow "A new chapter is being written." I wanted the information in chronological order.

(1) Heating water for tea. (2) Time for a shower. (3) Amenities not found in my T@B. (4) Watching "Good Morning America." (5) The view. (6 & 7) Leaving for work. (8) "Work" at the Mexico Museum. (9 & 10) The window referenced....












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!