Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A day in the life of Lorraine

It rained all night!! Very weak sunshine as I type this. More rain expected!!

The picture looks funny doesn't it?? The KIA is backed in to the space in case I need to call AAA again. But it almost looks like the T@B is hitched to the KIA.

This time yesterday (11 o'clock) I was waiting for AAA. When I left Gettysburg Campground at 9:15 the KIA didn't sound right when I tried to start it. I drove a couple of miles to a gas station--and the KIA wouldn't start after I pumped gas. I approached a man and asked if he would give me a "jump." He was hesitant and said he didn't have cables. I showed him my nifty little
Field & Stream 12 Volt Charge-N-Start. We tried the cigarette lighter to cigarette lighter... but the KIA still wouldn't start. So I called AAA. (A big hassle because I'm in Pennsylvania and my membership is in North Carolina.) When the driver arrived (an hour later) he tried to start... and said "The battery is dead." He used a heavy-duty charger and the car started (praise the Lord). He said to run the car for "a long time" (I knew that) so I drove back to the campground so I could safely walk away from the car while leaving it running.

I decided it was a waste of gasoline to have the car running and not be seeing the sights in the area. I drove around the Gettysburg Battlefields again, and around Gettysburg. I stopped for lunch and parked in such a way that a AAA tow truck could pull up in front, if needed. The KIA started OK... and I went to the Post Office to mail lots of correspondence and two packages, and more stamps for subsequent mailings.

It had started to rain at 12 noon (as predicted). I was dodging raindrops everywhere I went--and I couldn't locate my umbrella (packed somewhere in the KIA). Although I could have been working on neglected blogs, I decided to go to
Boyds Bear Country and browse. It is a three-story "barn" custom-built for their showroom, dining facility, and other vendors. There's a large area with discount priced Longaberger Baskets. Likewise an area with Yankee Candles but no discounts. There were many paintings by Thomas Kinkade (no prices listed and [as the old saying goes] "if you have to ask..., you can't afford").

This morning I read e-mail messages, answered e-mail messages, drank green tea and ate oatmeal. I haven't gotten out of my pajamas. In my little T@B trailer, I'm snug as a bug in a rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!