Friday, May 14, 2010

A beautiful day !!

Sunshine (and humidity)!! It appears that we will enjoy several pleasant days. This morning I did laundry so I'm up-to-the-minute with clean clothes. I've moved to an adjacent campsite (because mine had been reserved several months ago).

I'm having a late, late lunch (and typing this as I eat). I've had visitors because the day is nice enough for RVers to walk around the campgrounds and/or ride their bikes. In fact, I have non-human visitors with names like "flies" and "carpenter bees." They aren't my favorites!!

I'm so tired of hearing women say "Aren't you afraid to travel alone?" Or: "I could never do that!" I tell them that they "can" do it if they really desire to travel. I let them know that--because of my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ--I am not afraid to travel alone (because I'm not "alone"). Confession: Sometimes I'm lonely but I'm not "alone."

This poem was posted today on the T@B forum:
Now I lay me down to Sleep,
I pray the Lord my T@B to Keep,
Should I die before the Dawn
Park my T@B on Heaven's Lawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 6:45 PM: There were "severe weather warnings" on TV in the late afternoon. TV programming followed closely the rain, hail, and a water spout. Some viewers sent in pictures of baseball-size hail. Here at the campgrounds, the sky turned dark and we had strong winds, saw lightening and heard thunder. The TV reports the Gettysburg Battlefield experienced the storm but we haven't had a single drop of rain. I think this campground is within five miles of the battlefield so "we" were spared. Every time I've been in the proximity of such a storm, I have prayed that hail would not hammer my little T@B. Selfishly, I don't want my special little trailer to have pock marks. Oops, spoke too soon!! It just hit with tremendous fury (6:57). Hard rain, pea-size hail, thunder and lightening!! Shutting down the computer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 9:30 AM, 5/15/2010: Details of the storm can be found on WGAL.com . I watched the events play out, on TV, last night and now this morning more details, and pictures, on local TV programming. Beautiful this morning!! ~~ A notable comparison: For a week I needed the little electric heater at night. Much warmer last night, no heater; one window was slightly open (for the TV cable cord). This won't last!! TV weather forecasters predict a replay of last week's weather for next week. "Enjoy the weekend; the rain will return."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!