Saturday, May 15, 2010

I meet the nicest people !!

Gettysburg Campground is a beehive of activity again. Not as crowded this weekend as Mother's Day weekend but lots of campers, lots of children on bicycles. I met the nicest couple last night--interested in my T@B. They shared with me that their daughter is in the Peace Corp, in Africa, and gave me her blog address. I've just begun to read about her adventures. Hear ye, hear ye, what Lorraine is doing (traveling alone) is not worth debate. What Jennifer is doing is remarkable (in my humble opinion)!! What courage to travel so far from family and friends, learn a strange language, abandon the conveniences of America. Perhaps you, too, would like to follow her adventures. Jennifer's blog. One of the first words you will read: "It is the responsibility of your feet to take you places it was not obvious to your heart that it should go." Tuareg Proverb

Sunshine this morning but cooler than yesterday: 69 degrees inside the T@B with the door open, 69 degrees outside. I'm wearing a sweater. I should be scrubbing bugs off the front of the trailer, or walking around the campground (I need the exercise). However, I feel compelled to "get my money's worth" from this expensive campsite. I'm trying to accomplish a lot while I have WiFi because I don't know where the next connection will be.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 4:44 PM: I've spent hours pouring over maps, and checking the Internet, trying to decide where I'm going next. I have a membership with a campground directory for free (or nearly free) camping. However, I didn't find anything in the vicinity of Niagara Falls. Yes, I've decided I'll do that next--before I run out of money (ha). My next Rally is June 8th (in the Adirondacks, at Saranac Lake) so I have lots of time for sightseeing.

This afternoon, I had a hay ride around Gettysburg Campground. I purchased food items from a farmer/vendor that set out their products here at the campground. I'm invited to dine with new friends. Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!