Saturday, August 28, 2010

East Quoddy Lighthouse - A strenuous hike !!

It was a very strenuous hike to East Quoddy Lighthouse at Head Harbor, Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada. This is my trip over and return. Note the time on each picture. They may not fully capture the descent on one ladder and the assent on another ladder. It was treacherous to attempt to navigate across the rocks. Sometimes I was grasping seaweed to assist myself from one stepping stone to another. Scary!! The volunteers at the Lighthouse make the trek every day. I told them "one time across is enough for this old lady." My hat's off to the volunteers--all over 65 years old!! The next to last picture (with one of the volunteers) is the same stairs you saw in the earlier blog (with 9:05 time)--with the tide lapping at the bottom of it.
































































1 comment:

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!