Monday, August 9, 2010

Greetings from Ellsworth, Maine

Not a "Happy Camper"!! My KIA wouldn't start this morning!! The refrigerator was all that was drawing electricity. My new deep cell battery should **NOT** have been dead so refrigerator drawing on KIA battery. No, no no!! I had just shopped in Wal-Mart and had perishables for the next several days in Acadia National Park. I had to jump start the KIA in the rain!! Repeat: Not a "Happy Camper"!! ~~ I'm in a McDonald's (with electric outlet) checking my e-mail and updating yesterday's blog with pictures. Note that I wasn't the only RV in the Wal-Mart parking lot last night.

Postscript, 6:30 PM: I'm back in McDonald's after some shopping and a lot of reading literature from the Maine Visitor's Center. Armed with my new information, I'll leave Wal-Mart early tomorrow morning. ~~ I found shade in front of an out-of-business business.



1 comment:

  1. Dead Battery: Could be your new inverter you are using for your lap top killed the battery in your car if you were still hooked up.

    While using the inverter I think you should run your to keep the battery charged. I don't like inverters because it is a big draw on the battery

    Burt Vanasse
    Warwick, Rhode Island
    Burtret1002@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!