Saturday, August 28, 2010

Updating my blog, in chronological order

It is my desire to bring this blog up-to-date in chronological order. Ignore the time stamps. Read the messages as you would a book or newspaper. Honestly, it frustrates me that the blogs are "upside down" i.e. newest first. If I published details of my visit to Acadia National Park right now (with date of August 10th) you probably wouldn't descend that far into the blog to read it. Right?!?!

I'm in an Internet Cafe in Saint Romuald, Quebec, Canada. I discovered it quite by accident yesterday (but I never ascribe to "accidents" or coincidents; I think my steps are ordered by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ). I was returning to my T@B after riding buses in, and near, Quebec City. In the shopping center, I saw the words "Internet WiFi" over the door of Cafe Depot. It was only 160 steps from my T@B. I had been in the vicinity for 24 hours. I quickly went to the trailer and grabbed the laptop; I spent the evening checking my e-mail and publishing one blog.

I've spent two nights in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Twenty-three RVs on Thursday night, sixteen on Friday night. Some are extremely large Class A motorhomes, some are Class B mini-motorhomes, a couple of VW campers with "pop-up" roof. Two Class C motorhomes. It's good to know that other RVers avoid the private campgrounds--and the expense thereof. I wrote in my notes: "It almost looks like a campground (ha)."

Because of lack of Internet "hot spots," I'm attempting to write my blog(s) in longhand so I can transcribe them into this site. On August 26th, at 5:40 PM, I wrote:
"I've just browsed Wal-Mart for over an hour. It was fascinating to listen to the voices speaking French. I liked to read the signs. Everything in French; everything!! ~~ It started to rain the minute I got in the T@B. I didn't perceive the rain as I walked across the parking lot; very unexpected. ~~ I bought three spiral notebooks because I was almost out of writing material. McDonald's (in Canada) doesn't have WiFi and I can't find Barnes & Noble, or Borders, here in Canada. (The GPS gave me locations in Maine.)"

"I bought two cooking utensils because they are orange. I'll never use them; they are for decorations. They are very small--single serving size--so ideal decorations for the kitchen in a small trailer. I bought a plastic container of 'Swedish Fish' (candy) because it's orange. Perhaps Maynards (brand name) 'Swedish Fish' is Canada's version of U.S. 'Gummy Bears' or 'Gummy worms'?!?! I used restraint and did not buy several items I wanted but (IMHO) were too expensive for something I didn't 'need.' Example: Brita has a water filter (container) with an orange lid, $30.00. I'll stay with my Pur water filter with blue lid that's paid for."

"When visitors see the inside of the T@B, they often say, 'You like orange.' My answer, 'No, I didn't have a choice when I bought this used.' I confess, however, that I've brought the orange trim from the outside into the inside. Remember the rugs from Hingham, Massachusetts?? Plus the orange duffel bags for my clothes. Recently an orange recycled-plastic-bottles bag from Wal-Mart (because it's orange!). Orange towels were a very early purchase--before Mercedes and I started this adventure. Oh yes, orange plastic waste basket, and orange plastic pail (with Pur water filter sitting inside so splashing water is contained). I can't ignore the small orange metal pail with citronella candle--a gift from Debbie in Exeter, New Hampshire (because it's orange!!). Two weeks ago? (I've lost track of time), I bought an orange container designed for lobster bait. I bought it at the little hardware store where I saw, and photographed, the vintage Airstream trailer (near Gouldsboro, Maine). OK, enough of that subject."


I went on to write in the spiral notebook:
"I'm conscience-stricken because I haven't been faithful about documenting details and it's so easy to forget 'when' and 'where' with every new day full of interesting sights and activities. Maybe (with three new notebooks) I'll get things written down?!?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been an overcast day with occasional rain. It is very nice to sit in Cafe Depot and work on my blogs. It is a slow process because takes so long to upload the pictures. "Saving" takes a **l-o-n-g** time!! Perhaps my next purchase should be a new computer in hopes it will do procedures at a faster speed?!?! Breakfast and lunch has cost a small fortune but I feel I must buy... when I'm using their Internet. Everything is so-o-o-o-o expensive here in Canada!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Postscript, 5:10 PM: I had to leave the Internet Cafe at 5:05 because I was an icicle from the air conditioning. I had been there since 9:00 AM. The T@B felt so good because 104 degrees. (The thermometer was in the sun!!) The door is closed so I can 'bake' in the warmth!! ~~ Honestly, I'm not making the progress I'd like on the blogs. It's overwhelming to try to go back and fill in the details and upload all the pictures. ~~ Warm at 6:10 and opened the door."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 2:30 PM, Sun., Aug., 29, 2010: I've been in the Internet Cafe since 8:30 this morning. I've published several blogs for your enjoyment. It took over two hours to upload the forty-two pictures of my trek to and from East Quoddy Lighthouse. Many more pictures will eventually be published of my truly awesome experiences in New Brunswick, Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!