Sunday, August 15, 2010

Greetings from Bangor, Maine

Specifically, greetings from Border's Books in Bangor, Maine. I'm "touching base" so you know I have a source for WiFi (after several days without). I didn't get lost in Bar Harbor, or Acadia National Park!! I left the car and trailer at the Visitor's Center and rode the "free" Island Explorer buses. I browsed the shops in Bar Harbor.

I was blessed to get a site at Lamoine State Park (off the Island). It was a shock, however, to be charged $53. for two nights. No electricity, hike for water, and use an "outhouse." To their credit they have very nice modern shower rooms!! A fellow camper mentioned he paid $15. per night. He is a Maine resident; I am not. Doesn't seem fair to be charged extra dollars because I'm visiting their state!!

I'm still experiencing "battery problems." On Friday I made a special trip to Bangor--to an RV sales and service dealership--in hopes they could (and would) resolve my dilemma. It was "too late"... so I have an appointment for Monday morning (tomorrow morning).

Saturday morning I drove back to another portion of Acadia National Park on the Schoodic Peninsula. The biggest part of my day was spent in Winter Harbor at their annual Lobster Festival. I'll give more details--and pictures--when I develop the blog at a later time . (Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get "caught up" with details, and pictures, for this blog.)

Last night I was parked at the home of new friends and you'll love my pictures of the million dollar view.

Today "Mercedes" sustained an injury. I'll post pictures of the hit and run accident. I was inside a store; the KIA and T@B were parked some distance from other vehicles. You'd think a driver could miss a trailer with all the bright orange trim!!

I have permission to park overnight in Border's parking lot.

1 comment:

  1. How's the weather been? You must be cooler than a lot of folks. Dreary morning and overcast day, with thunderstorms expected later here in NH.
    Have you noticed as you travel east it gets daylight earlier and earlier? Sunrise is about an hour earlier here than in Florida. Likewise, sunset is earlier up here.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!