Sunday, August 8, 2010

Greetings from Rockland. Maine

Just a note. I'm parking in an empty parking lot next to McDonald's, in Rockland, Maine (for free WiFi). My Inverter is hooked up to the new deep cell battery and everything is working to provide electricity for my laptop computer. I'm a Happy Camper!! ~~ I'm en route to Acadia National Park. I visited L.L. Bean (and numerous other stores) in Freeport yesterday, and spent the night at a Wal-Mart in Brunswick.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 8/09/2010: An update on my Rockland experience. I was "stuck" in traffic going through town due to their Maine Lobster Festival. Later in the day, I walked from McDonald's to the Park (site of the Festival). En route, I ventured out on a pier and took a picture toward downtown. Later, back at McDonald's, an employee told me it was "at least two miles into town" so I walked (perhaps?) five miles during the afternoon.

Pictures: Using the Inverter to power my laptop computer. See the "Golden Arches" beyond the trees? (I was parked in the parking lot of an out-of-business establishment.) Million dollar road trip. I tried Cap't Eli's root beer soda. I listened to a musical group. KIA wouldn't start when I returned!!!!!!


























3 comments:

  1. Glad you found parking in Freeport ok so you could explore the town. LL Bean is a fun place to explore!
    The Real Happy Camper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are wonderful hiking opportunities at Acadia. Bar Harbor is on an island (that was a my surprise last year) and I remember something about an ordinance not allowing RV parking on town streets - hopefully resolved since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait....you're in Rockland...that's where the statue of Andre the seal is, if you happen to see it. Deb

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!