Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clean clothes !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, July 16, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raindrops on the roof starting at 4:00 AM. Not hard, just a few. Maybe water that accumulated on the branches of the trees?? "Up" at 6:10; 72 degrees. Quickly to the shower room en route to Ranger Station.

By 8:50 my patience was rewarded. John (the Ranger) said "Do you play the lottery?" I said "No, that isn't compatible with my Christian faith." ~~ "You're extremely lucky! How many nights do you want? Quickly; I have to grab them off the Internet." I said: "Three."

I left the parking area--by the Ranger Station--at 9:10 thinking I would go to the Laundromat I saw yesterday. Oops, I passed it. I continued on thinking I might see another. I found myself in Eastham and saw the sign for Cape Cod National Seashore. This was on my list... but I didn't realize it was so close to Brewster. It was sprinkling rain, 73 degrees, 9:30 AM.

After visiting the exhibits, and watching two films, it was 81 degrees inside the T@B when I departed the Nat'l Seashore (at 11:25). Sunshine and very nice!

Back at Nickerson State Park about 12:30 after looking (in vain) for the Laundromat. At my site shortly thereafter. However, I needed to "jack knife" to get into site 6-75. I surveyed the situation and returned driving the wrong way on a one-way road. I just could not get the vehicles up the slight hill and into the site. I finally asked two men in a nearby site for help. I even succumbed to letting one man get in the KIA and do the maneuver. I've always declined having a man do the job.
BUT I was blocking traffic and felt guilty for being "in the way." (My mantra: "I don't want to be a bother.") I didn't write down exact time and I failed to take the pictures upon arrival.

I went to the Post Office at 3:30 and received the expected package. Then I went in search of the public library for possible WiFi. No library? Then in search of the laundromat. Eureka!! I found it. To be expected, it was like a sauna with washers and dryers going. ($9.00 quickly spent.) I was sticky with perspiration during... and en route back to Nickerson (at 6:20). Very nice cool air at the campsite. I strung a little clothesline and hung decorative T-shirts (on hangers). It was 8:15 before everything was put away--and 77 degrees inside the T@B. I had to close the windows because "cold" draft through the trailer!

My neighbors on one side are Oriental and speaking their native language. The neighbors on the other side are from Quebec and speaking French. At the laundromat, a couple from Russia, and others speaking French. Yesterday, at the campground, I visited with a couple from Germany. Tourism seems "alive and well" on Cape Cod but I'm told far less visitors the last two years. A young man in the laundromat said it is a struggle to make a living here. Our woman driver for the Sunday night Dunes Tour has three jobs.

To bed at 8:50; 77 degrees.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!