Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Never a dull moment ?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, July 15, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've only driven nineteen miles today--but eventful miles. I was at the Ranger Station, at
Nickerson State Park, before 7:40. It was after nine before they could assign a campsite to me "one night only." However, the site would not be available until eleven o'clock.

I drove to Orleans planning to buy groceries at
Shaws. I missed the left turn. So I turned into another small shopping center (strip mall). Before I could reverse my route, I talked to four separate individuals about the T@B. An hour later I was beginning my slow departure. I saw a lady watching "us" intently so I stopped and got out. "Did you want to see the trailer?" She did and another long conversation followed. I thought to ask if she knew of any place with WiFi. "Yes" and I was directed to a place about one block away. (10:35 AM.)

I pulled into the parking lot and found no loop around to exit. I immediately stopped (mindful of the incident at Trapp Family Lodge on
Sunday June 27th). There was too much traffic in-and-out so impossible to back up without assistance. None!! One lady started complaining that she had to get out and demanded I "pull forward." I wouldn't. Another lady with adequate space to back out--by cranking the wheels--just backed out as though she had a forty-acre field. She hit the trailer with a thud!! I started pounding on her rear window to stop before she hit the trailer. She got out and started cursing me and saying I shouldn't have a trailer in the parking lot. I agreed that "I shouldn't... but I didn't know I couldn't pull through." There was no damage to her bumper and the T@B only has minor damage, and black mark that should rub out.

Next thing I knew, there's a policeman to take an accident report. I said "no damage" but he said it was required to file a report. That took half to three-quarters hour. Two officers were on the scene part of the time because the younger one needed some coaching regarding the paperwork. Finally, traffic was halted so I could back up and return to the thoroughfare. 11:07 AM.

I hadn't even parked at
Shaws Market when two men were approaching with cameras. They saw me pulling in and observed the license plate on the T@B. Each man took a picture of the other man at the back with the "Littlguy" license. They will send the pictures to their dad who uses that same name on his Florida plate. -- That's a new experience for me: Someone more interested in the license plate than the trailer!!

Before my groceries were inside the trailer, I had two more ladies. So many ladies are now inspired to purchase a T@B and join us at Rallies. (If you're reading this--and you recognize yourself--I hope we meet again at a Rally!! Good luck finding a T@B.)

I had an uneventful drive to the Brewster Post Office where I mailed a letter. An uneventful drive back to Nickerson State Park and found my new campsite. Cars were parked along the narrow road and it was precarious trying to back in. People sat at their campsite and watched me pull forward and back up. They made no effort to assist me OR to move their cars. I was the new version of the movie "RV" with Robin Williams. (If you haven't... you've got to watch that movie!!).

On my way to Shaws Supermarket I saw a "Maytag Laundromat." On my return, I planned to stop and do laundry. After the accident--and T@B tours--I completely forgot. Oh well, something for another day.

I've had several visitors. Almost everyone wants to "buy one." My experience is not an exception; every T@B owner gets a lot of attention. Someone needs to start building T@Bs again!!!!!!! T@B owners "sell" the product via their passionate love.

So, "never a dull moment"!! Speaking of "dull": The weather is overcast and looks like it might rain again. I doubt that the temperature got out of the low 70's. I've worn a sweater most of the day. Tiny sunshine at 4:48 PM but didn't last long.






3 comments:

  1. So glad you or Mercedes weren't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have figured out how to post comments Lorraine. That was me who just wrote something. Now I've got to figure out how to change "Your N. Ashe Neighbor" to "Sharon in NC"! I wish I was still up there in Cape Cod...I've really missed it! Be safe...hugs...Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS Sharon. Wish you were here, too. It would be nice to hang out and visit attractions. I get lonely!! Glad you figured out how to post messages.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!