Sunday, July 25, 2010

Greetings from Plymouth, Massachusetts

ANOTHER PANERA!! Another Panera Bread that isn't listed when I checked the GPS. I'm so aggrevated with "Carmen" (my Garmin GPS)!!!!!!!!!! She has "let me down" half-a-dozen times today!! I'm pulling my hair out!!

Before I left Raynham, I bought groceries at Shaws Supermarket. I headed for nearby Massasoit State Park. It has been closed for three seasons but the camping sign is still out at the major secondary highway. I fixed, and ate, a salad for lunch.

I asked "Carmen" for Myles Standish State Park. She took me to little narrow streets in a residential neighborhood--in Duxbury. Somewhere in that forest of trees--and homes--was Myles Standish Monument. I asked directions from a lady on a bicycle.
"The State Park is miles away." I was in a loop and it took several times around before I found my way back to a thoroughfare.

I saw a little "trailer" sign and followed it (thinking it would take me to the State Park). No, it was a Good Sam RV Park. I left without checking the nightly rate!! (I refuse to pay $40., $50., $60. for overnight parking!!)

Long story short: I never found Myles (Miles) Standish State Park. In desperation, I asked for the closest Wal-Mart. "Carmen" took me to an abandoned Wal-Mart!!! I asked for the next closest... and arrived at a shopping center that I passed an hour (or more) earlier.

What's an old lady to do?? The unthinkable!!!!! I dumped the porta-potty in a storm drain in the former Wal-Mart parking lot!!! You say:
"How gross." Well, I say "A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do!!" FYI: Everything about this trip is NOT powerful waterfalls, gorgeous sunsets, beautiful beaches, magnificent mountains, etc., etc. There's the mundane task of pumping gas, washing the vehicles periodically, doing laundry in a hot, steamy laundromat, etc.

Here's another FYI (for your information): I was in this neighborhood, on State Route 3-A, on July 6th. Remember, I washed the KIA and T@B so they would be clean when I arrived at Sweetwater Forest Campground for the T@B Rally?! Nineteen days later and less than 500 miles that encompassed Cape Cod, Nantucket, New Bedford, Newport Rhode Island, and Mystic Seaport Connecticut. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I'll visit Plimoth (Plymouth) Plantation. Tonight, barring something unforeseen, I'll sleep in yet another Wal-Mart parking lot. During the coming week, KIA service and tires for the T@B.






1 comment:

  1. Your T@B is terrific! Love seeing all these great pics of it. We'd love to stay in touch with you and would invite you to write a guest post on our blog. - Missouri Teardrop Trailers

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!