Thursday, July 8, 2010

Don't Worry; Be Happy !!

"Don't worry; be happy!!" On the Today show, Kathy Lee and Hoda were discussing the benefits of optimism. I didn't catch all but agree with what I heard. I believe our attitude is very important, and beneficial to our health!!

I used my "extra day" at Sweetwater Forest Campground to do things inside "Mercedes." (Very few of the T@BBers have arrived.) Here are some pictures of things I've done to make life a bit more organized. As I told a Teardrop trailer friend (in an e-mail): "I've needed to reorganize AGAIN (and again, and again). Too much stuff!!! Furthermore, I wanted to make it look neat when visitors, and T@BBers, arrive. I took pictures with the new rugs covering the cushions, and bed. But I had a long process before I could take the pictures!!

"I am using a three inch foam mattress that I had in my Little Guy Teardrop trailer. (My Little Guy finally sold a couple days ago and I'll get a check for a measly $1,000. The RV dealer wanted it off his lot [in Indiana] and I didn't see how I could go get it.) So I have the very nice, very comfortable 3 inch mattress crosswise. But every time I hit rough roads--or a big bump--the mattress slides forward four or five inches. Things on the bed cascade forward, too.

"I've had in my mind that I wanted a long flat strap that would wrap around the sofa bed cushions. I found a package of two, twelve foot cords with cinch, at REI (the other day). So today I struggled to move the heavy mattress off... store sleeping bags, etc., under the bed, replace the mattress, and thread the straps so I could secure the mattress.

"Some time ago, I bought a long, 25 foot Bungee-type cord that I use to secure things. It is threaded through the supports when the back of the sofa bed is in the 'up' position. Then, last week, at Wal-mart, I bought a net that I also have stretched across the back of the bed for little things that always went flying off the bed. Time will tell whether I have solved some (or all) of my 'cascading problems.' ~~ So I took pictures as I reorganized.

"It has been much cooler today and I worked comfortably. BUT, I took a shower shortly after noon because I was hot and sweaty. I have a little fan that moves the air in the trailer. Actually, I even have a larger fan if I need it. ACTUALLY, the T@B came with a window airconditioning unit!!!!!!!!! There is a framework that fits in the side window and it is covered with the same white material (fabric) as the cushions. I wonder if that was made in Germany?? The A/C is a GE and quite heavy. There is no way I could lift it up to put in a window. ~~ I'm satisfied with the little fans.

"Two more T@B units arrived a few minutes ago--while I'm at the store using WiFi. Too bad you can't be here. I think there are 21 registered. But enjoy Cloudland Canyon. Maybe this Fall--or Winter--I'll join you--and others--at Cloudland or other locations in the South."


Brief description of the pictures.
* The net across the back. The cords that hold the mattress in place. Note the "Bungee"-type cord (laying on the mattress) threaded through the hooks that would secure the back of the sofa. I always have the "back" down.
* I "tie down" the screen because the little hook is broken.
* The pretty new rugs to cover the bed, and cushions.
* On the picnic table... the "stuff" that usually rests on the bed, or cushions.
* Corralling the "stuff" in the net.
* Using pillows to camouflage the "stuff."
* The 25-foot "Bungee"-type cord that secures the table & my computer case.
* Kitchen shade has a broken hook (before I bought it). I improvise with an auto shade. See my tiny TV and tiny fan?!
* My only "modification": I have added several metal hooks screwed to closet/kitchen wall, closet door, and valance.
* Using auto shades to block the sun and heat while traveling.
* I couldn't resist the copper-color (almost orange) Butterfly "welcome" sign. It is on a hanger, in front of an orange T-shirt.




























1 comment:

  1. Ijust love the orange rugs. They sure look very neat and help to make the inside look very organized.

    Patty from New Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!