Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America !!

I went to bed at 8:50 last night. Spending all that money made me tired (ha)!! It was 80 degrees inside the T@B. I went to sleep while fireworks were popping in all directions. I tried to see where... but too much light in the Mall parking areas. Awake at 11:40 PM because a sweeper-truck was sweeping the lot.

At 5:25 this morning, I could see pink clouds and blue sky; 71 degrees. I didn't cover the kitchen window last night because I felt secure in my little corner of the parking lot. "Up" at 7:15; 73 degrees. An extremely nice and quiet night!! At Wal-Mart, there is a parade of noisy delivery trucks.

As you can see from the pictures (below), the parking lots were empty. Imagine, however, every space was occupied at 7:00 PM Friday night when I departed en route to the Weymouth Wal-Mart. This is a very well-patronized Mall!!

When I took a walk this morning, Panera Bread was the only store that was open. Now I am in the corner preparing this blog and watching the stream of customers come and go. To celebrate the holiday, I tried the Spinach-Artichoke-Souffle. I've eyed them for several years and this was my first purchase. Yum, yum!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, after 2 o'clock: I had to move outdoors--it was freezing cold in Panera. I don't have my watch; I can't read the time in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. Too much light on the screen of the laptop. So this is just a quick update to say that some business' profited from my "free" stay at the shopping Mall. I have an item from RiteAid; I have groceries from Whole Foods.

Earlier, it was 94 degrees inside the T@B--and 94 degrees outside the T@B!! We are not suffering from the heat because there is a nice breeze. In a few minutes I'm going to sit on the shady side of the trailer, and read. Business' will be closing at 5:00 PM. I'll have the shopping center to myself again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 5:05 PM: From my handwritten notes, "How dare I write about being depressed--and lonely? Forgive my earlier comments!?!? Moments ago two ladies drove up to admire the T@B. I was sitting in the shade of the trailer reading a book I just purchased in RiteAid. We had a delightful conversation; they didn't get out of their vehicle. We said our goodbyes and they drove fifty feet (or more). The driver stopped: 'Oh, I have a gift for you.' I walked over... and she gave me a small wood cross with red yarn wrapped around the cross-arms. She explained how her father-in-law made them before he died. Now her husband continues the tradition. Thousands have been given away. I still had the book in my hands and turned it so she could see the cover 'Following God With All Your Heart' by Elizabeth George. Subtitle: 'Believing and Living God's Plan for You.' ~~ Hot (93 degrees) and discouraged!! God sent a 'sister' to demonstrate that I'm not alone. Lonely, yes, but not alone."

"Earlier today I received an e-mail message from another T@BBer. She was glad that I include comments about my faith in my blog. She said: 'Here is my prayer for you tonight: "Lord, thank you for keeping Lorraine from those who might wish to harm her, thank you for giving her safe travel. you know she is lonely and depressed right now, please send some encouragers her way, and send her some laughter and someone to share it with. You know her every need, and love her so much that each hair on her head is numbered, wrap your arms of love around her even now, and give her a good nights rest, refresh her spirit and bless her with a new fresh day tomorrow. Thanks Lord. Amen.'"

"I was informed by one of my other visitors 'traffic on the two bridges to Cape Cod (Friday night and Saturday) was backed up for seven or eight miles.' So I haven't had to fight traffic, and burn up additional gas idling on a route to New England's 'favorite travel destination.' I've been told by Security, and shop keepers, that I am very safe where I'm parked. So-o-o-o-o, I'm not where I intended to be but I'm right where I'm supposed to be!! ~~ Ninety-one degrees inside--and outside--at 6 o'clock."










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!