Monday, July 19, 2010

Greetings from Hyannis, Massachusetts

Specifically, greetings from Panera in Hyannis, Massachusetts!! Frankly, I was surprised to "stumble" on a Panera on Cape Cod. Likewise a surprise to find a Barnes & Noble. ~~ I've been without WiFi for almost a week (did you miss me?).

I was "up" at 6:50 AM; 73 degrees. It was so delightful to sleep comfortably all night with the windows wide open!! No trucks (like Wal-Mart); no hum of traffic on the nearby Interstate (like Wal-Mart); and no incessant rain (like the Adirondacks). Very nice to smell coffee percolating at nearby campsites. (I boil water and pour it over a tea bag. No aroma.)

I was almost ready to leave campsite 6-75 at 9:00 AM. (I had hitched the night before.) I filled the fresh water tank at the nearby faucet before driving to the showers. Departed the area at 10:15; stopped to say "thank you" to Ranger John. Long involved conversation (at the entrance) with folks who wanted to see the T@B.

I departed Nickerson State Park at 11 o'clock and headed for Hyannis to visit the JFK Cape Cod Historical Museum. It was a beautiful morning. However, it was dark and cloudy when I found a parking place. There was extremely hard rain within minutes after I entered the Museum. (That picture was taken through the window.)

Heading for "the mainland," I discovered a couple of upscale malls, K-Mart, Sears, fast food establishments like McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell--plus Barnes & Noble, and Panera. Previously, all over the Cape, business' were small town, and home-owned. All these franchised stores seem uncharacteristic for Cape Cod.

I obtained permission to park overnight in the adjacent K-Mart parking lot.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to know everything is okay with you and that you have been enjoying yourself. I'm looking forward to more of your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm documenting as fast as I can!! Takes time (and I'm a perfectionist). I have lots to share about the Cape Cod Rally.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!