Saturday, July 3, 2010

Depressed ?? Go shopping !!

Depressed?? Go shopping!! Spend money!! I am; I did!! I have permission to spend the night in this awesome shopping center.

At Crate & Barrel, I bought four rugs to decorate the T@B. At rallies, I see all the beautifully decorated T@Bs and mine is outfitted with "make do." For example, I've had orange-color towels covering the cushions. How quickly they became "worn" and frayed. I hope these sturdy cotton rugs retain their attractive appearance!! Also purchased a small matching rug for inside the door and a long matching rug to cover the bed.

At REI, I bought new walking shoes because mine were old and shabby. Also, a pair of pants that can be worn three ways: long, Capri, or shorts. (One of my T@BBer friends wears them and I was so envious. Keeping up with the Jones' [ha].) REI is a place where one can browse for hours!! I had never seen them before. Nor had I previously seen a Crate & Barrel.

Lunch at Chipotle.

~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 7/05/2010: I added a picture of the rugs as they are displayed at the store. Given the right set of circumstances, I may eventually be able to take a picture of them inside the T@B. I think the orange and yellow is a nice compliment to my orange-trim T@B.

Postscript, 7/21/2010: I just published a blog with pictures of the rugs covering the cushions.









1 comment:

  1. Just popped in to peek at your blog. Sorry to hear your plans for the 4th fell through, but it sounds like it's a good thing that they did. Imagine if you hadn't run into those folks who were able to warn you of how dangerous your plans actually would have been. Someone is watching out for you. Hope you'll be able to view some fireworks as you celebrate our nation's birthday.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!