Sunday, December 5, 2010

Epcot

I'm en route to Epcot. We'll be seeing the Candlelight processional and other sights,

Before Devotions this past Monday morning, a fellow Wycliffe Associates volunteer approached me and asked if I'd like to go to Epcot with them this Sunday afternoon. I was thrilled and expressed my gratitude that they asked. The invitation got better!! Her husband works at Disney World and has free passes and free parking; I was (am) to be their guest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 12/06/2010: I was home at 10:35 PM Sunday night. I was too exhausted to update the blog at that time. We walked many miles!! I did not dress in layers; I did not have adequate apparel to keep warm!! The wind was strong; the temperature was dropping!! (Unseasonably cold weather in Florida right now. Freezing temperatures!!) Blame the "fuzzy" last picture---getting on the tram---on an old lady photographer shaking from the cold!!

Picture #12 is the l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g line of people who paid $50. each for a "dinner ticket" that guaranteed them a seat for the annual Celebration of Christmas. My friends and I listened from a nearby outdoor food court. I apologized my way through the crowd to briefly take several pictures. The Bible passages were read, by Susan Lucci, regarding the birth of Jesus. Music by the London Philharmonic orchestra; traditional Christmas carols sung by the 1200 voice choir. After the poem "One Solitary Life," we listened to the glorious Hallelujah chorus. A very inspiring performance!!

Pictures #13 & #14 of a gigantic gingerbread house.

Picture #20 of the prices for food in the area with American attractions. We opted to go to the Great Britain area for fish and chips.

We rode the monorail from Epcot to and from Disney World. We saw the fireworks at both locations from the comfort (and warmth) of the monorail. Spectacular--but no pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, Sunday 12/12/2010, 7:00 PM: Last Sunday evening was mild compared to the arctic blast that has blanketed the Southeast. Most of the nation is suffering from bitter cold and snow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~






















































2 comments:

  1. Wow, I was thinking with the cold, maybe this would be a good year to try to visit Disney ourselves...but look at that line! I do not approve of the DIsney policy of allowing people who pay more for special tickets to cut the line. Don't know of they do that at Epcot. But in general, I don't have a lot of patience for lines. But it is a very, very cool (as in awesome) place. Did you get to practice any German or French while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No opportunity to practice French or German. We visited the English-speaking countries of Canada and Great Britain!! The Canadian exhibit is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!