Friday, December 24, 2010

Looking up

What value am I when I'm lying flat on my back in bed?? When I'm "up," I cough until I'm exhausted!! So I recline on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I listen to the beautiful Christmas music on Family Radio. Occasionally I watch some television.

For about one week Southern California was drenched with massive amounts of rain. There was flooding, and mud slides, and displaced families. It will cost millions (billions?) of dollars to clean up the area, repair roads, rebuild bridges. California (like many states) is operating "in the red." I could develop this thought but you understand my thinking.

Mankind builds skyscrapers, freeways, dams, automobiles, computers, etc., etc., but can't control the weather. I have made every effort to follow a healthy lifestyle but I am incapacitated by a cold germ or a flu bug.

As a society, "we" are rushing around at this time of year. Rushing to the Mall to buy gifts, standing in line to mail packages, buying basket-fulls of groceries for a big holiday meal. "We" spend money we don't have; we add the purchases to our credit card debt. Little or no thought is given to the reason we have this holiday. (Jesus is the reason for the season!!)

Just some of the thoughts that have raced through my mind as I'm staring at the ceiling. I came to the computer, I wanted to record my thoughts... but have to lie down again because of strenuous coughing.

The Holy Bible says that "all things work together for good to them that love the Lord, to them that are called according to His purpose." There's a lesson for me here. What is it??

Wishing you health and happiness!! Merry Christmas from Lorraine.

1 comment:

  1. We hope and pray you enjoy the beautiful Florida Sunshine that Father is providing. We expect snow in NC Christmas Day. We are at a mountain top cabin above Lake Lure. God blessed us with this opportunity to spend time with him.

    Blessings and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!