Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lost: A companion !!

Little old lady sick!! I've been so grateful for good health!! Now I have a very sore throat, have a cough, and "lost my voice." My volunteer service has included long lists of phone calls. Yesterday I returned to my T@B at noon (unable to continue with calls). I napped for a couple of hours.

Needing groceries, I left the RV Park at 2:30 Tuesday afternoon. Meandering--with no particular destination--I was caught up in traffic to Orlando International Airport. That's the last place I wanted to be during the busy Christmas season!! Little old lady lost!! I turned to Carmen (my Garmin GPS) for advise about returning to Wycliffe. Near "home," I shopped for groceries at the Publix supermarket. I browsed every aisle and was shocked--at checkout--to find I'd loaded items totaling $73.64. Yipes!! Home about 6 PM after the thirty-six mile outing.

Little old lady sad!! I'm grieving the loss of a friend: I can't find my camera!! I've searched... I can't imagine where I misplaced it. I'm so desirous of "a place for everything, everything in its place." Where is my camera??

Little old lady lazy!! To bed early last night. Slept until 9:15 this morning. I'm not going "to work" today. (Cough, cough. Pardon me!?) Offices are closed the next two days. I have five days to regain my voice.

Dear blog-reader friends: I hope and pray that you are healthy and have a very blessed Christmas!!

~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript 12/22/2010, 2:45 PM: The lost is found!! Please rejoice with me!! Now I can identify with the parable of the lost coin in Luke 15:8-10.
~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript 12/23/2010, 8:25 AM: Inquiring minds want to know "Where did you find the camera?" It was between, and behind, the driver's & passenger seats of the KIA. It had been on top of stuff in the passenger seat. I searched the T@B thoroughly and thought it might have fallen off the table into the waste basket. Perhaps I accidentally threw it out with the trash?!?! It's a miracle I found it in the KIA!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the respite is coming at just the right time. Maybe with a bit warmer weather, you can enjoy more fresh air, and will even see a few more of God's creatures while things are "quiet." But the best thing is you can rest as much as you need without feeling you're letting anything get behind at your desk. And without worrying about your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine:

    We pray you heal quickly in this quiet time. Father has given you a few days of to rest in Him.
    Christmas blesings.

    When you feel better. go to the beach, go to the Holy Land Experience,

    We love you,

    Wayne and Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!