Thursday, December 16, 2010

Serendipity !!

I did not attend devotions this morning. My body is still healing from the food poisoning and/or overindulgence of items not a regular part of my diet. ~~ I arrived in my office at 9:15 and found a note lying on the computer keyboard. I'm so grateful for kind words from a missionary I met two days ago.

Dear Lorraine

I want to write this quick note to you to say thanks for talking with me the other night. Thank you for the encouraging words you shared with me. I really appreciated it and enjoyed talking with you. Please pray for my family (Rosalie, wife, and children, Bethany, Gwen, and Faith). Thanks.

Thank you also for being so willing to help out and volunteer with WA. Your willingness and participation is and will help advance God's Kingdom.

In Christ,
Dwight Erickson


~~~~~~~~~~~~
The scripture verse printed inside the note card: "When your Words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight...." (Jeremiah 15:16 NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 8:00 PM: I was so motivated by Dwight's "thank you," I stayed at the office computer until 6:30 (and didn't leave for lunch), and made over seventy calls during the day. I enrolled three or four new (potential) volunteers!! I love my new job!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!