Friday, October 22, 2010

Campground Appreciation Day !!

I'm lovin' it!! This KOA campground is delightful!! The autumn colors are beautiful!! I had the "30-amp" area all to myself so I didn't pull down shades; I awoke to a lovely vista. (A "pop up" arrived after midnight and they set up camp by flashlight.) The restrooms are wonderful--and they offer clean cotton hand towels like we would use at home!! Furthermore: Tiled showers with plenty of hot water!!

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, "I'm a cheapskate," so I notice all these amenities!! In less than ten days I've traveled from (1:) a wind-swept barren, crowded, campground in Kentucky, to (2:) a crowded campground in Tennessee, to (3:) a highly neglected campground with too much voltage. Parking at (4:) Cracker Barrel, or (5:) Wal-Mart, has saved money (and made the travels possible). Hear ye, hear ye: I'm grateful for free overnight locations!! But I want to voice my appreciation for seldom-experienced luxury!!

2 comments:

  1. Lorraine, I'll tell you what. I often find KOA's that are more expensive than I think they should be, but they are clean and well kept to a fault. Enjoy your "vacation!" D
    (down in Ocala on a Good Sam chapter trip)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the night on a parking lot recently, and wondered if you set a grey water container out. If not, you really can't use the sink much. Do you use a generator?
    Crystal Baker

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!