Friday, October 1, 2010

More getting 'er done !!

I moved to another site this morning. To accommodate more RVers working at Amazon, the management said they will put two small units on one site. I'll be able to stay here at Heartland Campground. I had several reasons for moving today. I wanted my T@B facing East for the morning sunshine; I wanted a better WiFi connection; and I wanted to choose my neighbors. I met a nice couple last night and decided I wanted to be adjacent to them. I have the sunshine--and the neighbors--but still have to rely on my Belkin "booster" to pick up the WiFi signal. I'm grateful for WiFi (anyway I can get it)!!!!

Getting 'er done!! After I unhitched, I've dumped the porta-potty down the sewer connection ten feet from my door. I've filled my water tank from the water faucet about twelve feet from my door. I've swept and scrubbed the floor--and put down a clean rug. I've washed apples, and veggies (and the faucet still spits and sputters). I'll have a salad lunch soon. Seventy-six degrees inside the T@B at 11:50.

I need to put down the stabilizers and level the T@B but will "do" after lunch. Then I want to drive into Campbellsville and find a market--and get a sense of the community that may be my home for the next three months.

More information later. ~~ Oh, an afterthought: I was reminded (by a reader) of a blog I published almost one year ago. Perhaps you'd like to read (reread) The T@B Trailer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 5:30 PM Friday: I drove a total of less than five miles and found every store I will need. Wal-Mart is less than two miles away; Kroger (groceries) about one mile; Lowes, and all the other recognizable stores and restaurants. I didn't shop (maybe tomorrow?). Upon my return I had a long visit with an "older" woman (like myself) and she is also versed in health and nutrition. We had a great time comparing information. Seventy-six degrees inside the T@B with door and windows wide open. It has been a very nice day!! ~~ Below: Pictures of my new site. The restrooms and laundry are in the block building beyond the T@B. Because this is my home for a season, I hung some decorations. Too bad you can't see the "spinners" hanging above the trailer tongue. I had to improvise; the ground is hard-packed gravel and I was unable to get the garden stake into the ground!! ~~ FYI: I can't receive a TV signal so will spend time on the computer (or reading). Stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!