Sunday, October 3, 2010

Winter weather "wimp" !?

Burr, it's cold outside!! Forty-eight degrees outside; sixty-three degrees inside. I had to dig out the little ceramic electric heater. I felt it was premature to start using the heater--but I was cold. It is a dark, gloomy day; not as much wind as yesterday. It started raining at 7:15 last night but didn't last long.

I had planned to find a Church this morning and attend worship services. I've been discouraged by the weather. I don't know where to go; I don't want to be late; I don't want to walk in all wind-blown. ~~ I'm a "wimp"!! How will I handle REAL winter weather when it arrives??

Observation: There's a number of unoccupied rigs here at Heartland Campground. I speculate that the owners brought their RV for the (future) weeks of employment and returned home (if they have a home). "
Workamping" is a major part of the lives of my new campground neighbors. I've heard fascinating stories of their work experience in (example) Alaska, Cape Cod, Florida, Texas, Yellowstone.... FYI: There are a few people (RVers) already working at Amazon (here in Campbellsville) but I'm told "business is slow." Most of us will start on October 31st or November 8th. The job ends December 23rd; everyone was hired for the Christmas holiday buying season. When they leave here, many of my neighbors already have Workamper jobs lined up in Arizona, Florida, Texas, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!