Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scary True Story !!

This is not a "Halloween" scary story; this is a true incident. I left the T@B about 11:30 en route to Wal-Mart and other shopping. I stopped, first, at Arby's for lunch. I departed with my beverage refill. Second, I got a haircut at Great Clips. Third, I returned a defective Benji DVD to Wal-Mart. I bought a few groceries. Later, back in the KIA, I took a sip of my beverage. I **thought** a piece of ice came up through the straw but ***in my mouth*** it didn't feel like ice. I spit it out into a napkin. IT - WAS - A - SPIDER !! The spider was alive and I think it bit the inside of my mouth!! This happened about 2 o'clock this afternoon. Right now, my right ear aches, my right eye hurts ~~ There's an "alarmist" side of me that wonders if I should see a Doctor. But the "holistic health" side of me avoids all sorts of conventional medicine. I haven't been to a doctor in years; I don't take prescription drugs; I don't even take aspirin!! I attribute my good health to the fact that I ****don't**** visit doctors and/or drug stores!!

Please don't think I'm morbid for adding the following poem. It was copied from a Church bulletin; the author is unknown.

Home

I have slipped away to the Homeland,
To my mansion wondrous fair,
Rejoice with me then in my gladness
Remember I have left every care.

Grieve not for the house that I lived in,
As you lay me away 'neath the sod.
Remember the one who dwelt in it
Has gone to be with her God.

For the little old house that I lived in
Was wind-shaken, old and decayed,
It had weathered the storms and the tempest
And the lightening around it had played.

The Savior who loves me so dearly,
Who walked by my side all the way,
Saw my little old house was crumbing
So He bade me haste away.

For me He has finished a mansion
In the Homeland over the sea;
He has it all ready and waiting,
And so He has come after me.

And in it I shall dwell forever,
Away from all sickness and pain,
For Jesus has purchased my freedom
And cleansed me from every stain.

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing okay? Crystal Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. That experience would have given me a stroke that trumped any bite. Oh, how I hate those things. Please be careful and keep an eye on the symptoms. Venom and allergic reactions are areas where modern medicine can make a huge difference. D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!